GNKS Consult’s mission is to inform policy makers and strategists by addressing specific chances and challenges building on the insights that come with the understanding of Global Networked Knowledge Society.
Society is always in a state of change, and in modern society the pace of change continues to accelerate. Rapid change means that the way we organize our work and lives changes so quickly that we need to let go of thinking limited by the experience of the past in order to be able to respond to it.
The resulting challenges exist on the individual level, and also affect the sustainability of government, businesses, and the whole of our society itself. GNKS and its associates have a mission of informing decision makers at all levels in order to help them to open up beyond current experience to better understand how to effectively and efficiently address the reality of the Global Networked Knowledge Society.
We understand, and continue to deepen our understanding in what it means to live in this society that is subject to rapid change because of globalisation (what we do, affects the world, and what happens anywhere else in the world affects us - or our markets), networking (impact of the internet, use of new networking technologies, social media, and IT, and the fact that people and knowledge networks develop in entirely new ways thanks to this), and the fact that knowledge has become a core factor (knowledge networking and sharing, big data, big data analytics, biometrics and geo-data). How do we deal with this, in an economy that is changing, in a world where borders are not what they used to be, and where economies in the "old world" hardly grow, whereas new economies are booming and sometimes develop in unexpected ways - as all economies are related nowadays.
What we offer:
- strategic guidance on dealing with change related to the above, and preparing for the future;
- independent policy advice on issues related to societal developments, including policy evaluation (ex ante and ex post);
- chairing and moderating of meetings - making sure participants are heard and outcomes are clear;
- executive management: making things happen with a keen eye for the abilities and needs of people in the process;
- discrete sparring partner for those that are trying to find their way in life and work - and cannot find that otherwise.
In addition, GNKS Consult supports organisations and leaders who want to adapt to the challenges of today, and truly want to be professional, making best use of the capabilities of their staff by open communication and a clear focus on priorities.
Maarten Botterman is GNKS’ founder and director.